GSUL has an established history of enabling undeserved communities to secure self-reliance through advocacy, services related to workforce preparation, employment assistance, education and literacy, and economic development.
- Education and Youth Empowerment through access to Adult High School Diploma preparation, after-school programs and social development.
- Economic Empowerment through financial literacy, vocational training, career coaching and workforce development.
- Health and Quality of Life Empowerment through a focus on prevention and access to affordable healthcare.
- Civic Engagement and Leadership Empowerment through participation in community service projects and volunteering.
Annually we assist:
Out of School Youth obtain job readiness skills, employment and their High School diploma, if needed; provide skills training to adults, welfare to work and dislocated workers. Our after school programming enriches the lives of 40 youth a week. We teach career preparation and provide direct placement to 100 clients each year. Our housing department impacts the lives individuals and familes assisting with foreclosure mitigation, credit wothiness and financial counseling, first-time homebuyers and down payment assistance.
Our primary service population is considered at risk for a variety of reasons; they are unemployed and underemployed, under educated and performance challenged by traditional learning enviroments, on public assistance or justice involved.
Services and resources include:
– Adult High School Doploma
– Community Supportive Services