Join Sacramento Youth in addressing social justice issues impacting your community!
GSUL’s Elevate Youth California Program is designed to encourage civic engagement among youth and teach youth how to impact social justice issues that affect their community. The program is participant-driven—meaning youth participants help select the topics we discuss, the food we eat, the fun outings we have, and lead the discussions we have.
Program participants tackle topics such as
- The War on Drugs,
- The School to Prison Pipeline,
- Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome,
- Racial Health Disparities, and
Who is This Program For?
This program is geared toward participants ages 12-26.
Why Should You Apply?
- Participants receive monetary stipends for fully participating in the program.
- Elevate Youth California is project-based, so participants work collectively in small groups on a project they design to invoke the change they want to see in the community.
- This program is all about empowering local youth and centering their voices.
How to Apply?
To apply for the next cohort, click below to register. Space is limited. The next cohort will begin on February 13, 2024.
For questions, contact Chris Clark at email@example.com or 916-283-3796.