Current Career Opportunities
- Serve as President’s liaison and interface with Board of Directors, Staff, Corporate Sponsors, Community leaders, Government Officials and Other Agencies.
- Maintain President’s calendar and meeting schedule.
- Draft correspondence, prepare mailings, notices, reports and announcements.
- Maintain President’s Fund Development Files.
- Maintain a variety of databases.
- Record, keep and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Work with management team to further the goals of the Sacramento Urban League.
- Assists the President with fund development.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate the solicitation of financial and in-kind support from various funding sources.
- Establish and maintain linkages and working relationships with business, industry, labor other community organizations.
- Must be able to problem solve and think independently.
- Plan, organize and implement meetings and retreats.
- Screen calls, visitors and guests.
- Organize and file documents.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Manage special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and other computer applications, such as, office Suites, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy, to compose and edit documents using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to effectively counsel, motivate and communicate with staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Prior experience working with a variety of volunteer groups.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and verifiable state automobile insurance.
- B.A. Degree or 5 years experience in executive level administrative office position.
- Monday to Friday
Send resume and job application to firstname.lastname@example.org